My 1st favourites post - September edition

October 04, 2015


I love reading everyone's monthly favourites posts and even the empties posts a lot of bloggers write. I've never done either of these posts myself, I always end up in the middle of the month so I think it's too late to write one. 

As its still the start of October and I have a few favourite things from last month, I've decided to write my first favourites post in my way. Its not just going to be 5 beauty favourites or 5 fashion favourite but a mix of all my favourite things from September.

To start at the end of August I made an order from Makeup Revolution again (I freaking love this makeup brand). They have recently launched a couple of skin care products with FaceB4. I brought both the face wash/cleanser which is a 2 in 1 and the serum, both were priced at £14.99 but as an introductory offer, MUR was offering the serum free when you brought the face wash.
You can find out more about both the products over on the MUR website here.
I've been using both products throughout September, I really like that the face wash is in a foam formula this makes it easier to rub in and also easier to wash off, after using the wash my skin was left feeling very soft. Applying the serum after the face wash moisturises and soothes the skin whilst helping to fight and stop spots.
My skin suffers from breakouts quite often especially when I'm stressed and last month has been no different so using these products have helped loads, however it took about 2-3 weeks before I saw any difference in my skin, I suppose that was my skin getting used to the products. The foam and serum are so easy to use and don't take up much of my time during my morning or evening skin care routine. 


September is always a good month for students, I finished university before summer but signed up to do a evening Maths course at my local college so I'm technically still a student. Most stores in September want to get all the new and current students in so offer higher student discounts or stores that don't offer discounts usually will run a 3 day event where they allow students to get 20% off. The UNiDAYs app is great for this as you can get online discounts as well, you can sign up here.

SkinnyDip London was running a whopping 25% off for students and during September they released a 'The Simpson's' range and I couldn't resist a new phone case with Krusty the Clown on it, I was also in need of a new purse. I had my eye on a couple of purses however only one of them was available online so I went with the 'Broken Bones' lilac purse. The phone case is on pre-order so I haven't received that yet but the purse came within a few days of ordering.
There's plenty of room inside the purse with, 8 card holders, 2 smaller compartments, a zip section and 2 open sections for change. My favourite part of the purse if the broken bones detail on the front. The purse was £15.00 but with 25% discount worked out as just £11.25!! Bargain!
Also SkinnyDip are still offering students 20% off online now.


Manchester is my favourite place to go shopping, I love the city, it has every shop I could need and with being only 25 minutes on the train its close to home too. During September I made a couple of trips to MCR, on one occasion the Disney store still had some bits in the end of summer sale and I found a Star Wars Darth Vader phone case for just £1.00, yes £1.00! (RRP £15.00). The case is genuine Disney store merchandise which included a screen guard and cloth too. Another awesome bargain!


Over the past year I have become a big LUSH fan, I can't walk past a LUSH shop without going in. Since the pebble stone foot scrub was discontinued a few months back, I'd used up all my product at home and wanted a new foot product that did the same job. I decided to try the Pumice Power foot soap, its similarly priced as the pebble stone product was at just £3.25. The Pumice Power is like a soap and scrub in one, it moisturises, cleans and scrubs the hard skin all in one. An all round great product that has lasted me just over 3 weeks, I've been using the product 3 times a week so for the price it's great value.


In Boots at the end of August they was running some summer sizzler offers one of which was a Real Techniques makeup brush set. I've read and heard so many good things about these brushes but could never afford to buy a set at £21.99. Boots offer meant the core collection brush set was just £10.99, how could I not buy them now. The core collection set comes with 4 brushes including a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffering brush and contour brush along with a duel carrier and stand case. The brushes are all soft to touch and easy to use, the pointed foundation brush is great for getting into smaller areas on the face and blends foundation in effortlessly. I've used the buffering brush to add my finishing powder after applying foundation and again it blends the product easily with little effort. I'm so pleased with these products, I intend to buy the starter set next which includes  eye brushes. You can see all the Real Techniques sets sold in Boots here.



Lastly I been getting a monthly subscription box from LootCrate which includes different geek and gamer items in every month. Septembers box had a Supernatural exclusive item in it, I was so excited about this. When my box came I opened it up to find the exclusive item was a small die cast car, it was the Impala from the TV Series. This was the best item in the box of course I'm bias since Supernatural is one of my favourite shows. I'm very excited for next months box too which includes a Funko POP! vinyl exclusive and t-shirt, this is the first time LootCrate have put both a POP and tee in one box, I'll let you know whats in the box when it arrives over on twitter.
If you want to sign up to LootCrate for the exclusive POP! and t-shirt please use my link here http://looted.by/cHT4G


Like I've said earlier this is my first ever monthly favourites post and this is my take on a favourites post, I wanted to do it in my way and mix it up a little. Let me know what you think in the comments section or over on twitter.

  

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I've heard brilliant things about face B4, I'll have to give it a go!

    Lillies and Lipbalm
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I would defiently recommend, Makeup Rev currently have them on offer again but this time both products for £20. Still a good deal!
      Thanks for reading! :-)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.